Positive attitudes to learning and meeting the shared Abbeywood Expectations is to be at the core of our desired ethos, as such, it is at the core of the rewards and celebration in the school.
Rewarding students, and therefore positively reinforcing desired attitudes, features heavily in every member of staff's actions. The general practice of classroom management and the Pastoral Support Team involves many rewards given to students individually or collectively on a regular basis; these include:
- Recognising success with acknowledgement shown through verbal, written and tangible praise and rewards by all staff both in and out of lessons.
- Classroom and corridor displays showing students’ work – celebrating achievement of all student groups.
- Certificates of recognition
- Texts/emails and phone calls home.
- Motivational target setting between students and staff.
- Weekly awards for RAISE achievement points
- Annual whole school celebration of achievement events
- Termly Tutor Group breakfasts to reward attendance.
- Termly raffle prize draws to reward attitude to learning
- Termly reward trips for positive attitude to learning and attendance.
- Weekly raffle draws to reward attendance.
- House points - student achievement and conduct celebrated through House assemblies
- House challenge rewards and the awarding of the Sports Day Cup and House Champions Cup