Attitude to Learning
Masks must be worn at all times (including within year group ‘bubbles’) except in lessons, outdoors or while eating. Following 2 weeks of school giving facemasks to students who lose/forget as of Monday 21 September, not bringing a facemask into school becomes a B4L issue and will result in a sanction, including the possibility of students being sent home to fetch a facemask and return to school.
Attitude to Learning (Behaviour & Rewards) - Statement of Principles
The statement of Principles is intended to create an environment in which:
- every student is valued and encouraged to develop a sense of responsibility for their own learning and to the community at large in line with the Abbeywood Expectations
- effective learning and teaching takes place for all students
- positive attitudes to learning are taught and modelled by all staff
- a positive school ethos celebrates all achievement through an effective and consistently applied system of rewards
- expectations are high, but clear and effective procedures and sanctions are in place to respond to disciplinary incidents and these are applied firmly, fairly and consistently by all staff
- appropriate interventions support students with identified behaviour and learning needs, including emotional needs
- there is a strong sense of respect, including self-respect and respect for others regardless of race, culture, religion, gender, sexual orientation or ability and an understanding of the individual and shared responsibilities which underpin the rights of all members of the school community; this is outlined in the school's Single Equalities policy.