Free School Meals
Free School Meals means that your son or daughter will get a free meal to the value of £2.45 every day, the allowance will not be credited to their account until 11:30am. It also means that we get extra money for the school to support your son or daughter’s learning, progress and achievement.
You are eligible for Free School Meals if you receive:
- Income support
- Job Seekers Allowance (Income Based – not Contribution Based)
- Child Tax Credit, but are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and your annual income (as assessed by the Inland Revenue) does not exceed £16,190
- Support under part VI of the Immigration & Asylum Act 1999
- The ‘Guaranteed Element’ of Pension Credit
How to Apply
Free School Meal requests can now be made on-line at www.southglos.gov.uk/advice-and-benefits/benefits/free-school-meals or by ringing the contact centre on 01454 868008.
- Contact the school and request an application form
- Fill in the application form – if you need any help with this you can contact the school, or telephone the Children and Young People Information Service on 01454 868008
- Attach proof that you are entitled to Free School Meals – the list of acceptable documents is attached to the application form
- Return the form to South Gloucestershire Council and ALSO a copy to the school
You can also find out more and download an application form from the South Gloucestershire Council website at www.southglos.gov.uk. Simply type ‘Free School Meals’ into the search bar at the top of the home page.