The Olympus Academy Trust is committed to delivering an outstanding education for young people, ensuring that our students have access to the highest standards of teaching, resources and learning opportunities.

We work in close partnership with our schools, ensuring that we facilitate the sharing of best practice and provide access to a wide range of partners and resources for the benefit of our students and the wider community. Visit our website here or follow us on Twitter @olympustrust.



Who do I speak to when I need some information?

The best person to contact in the first instance will be your child's tutor by telephone, letter and a note in the student’s SRB or by email

How do I know homework has been set?

All homework should be written in SRBs.

How can I help even if I am not a teacher?

One way is to become a governor. To do this contact the Chair of Governors through the school, vacancies often arise during the year. We also have a very keen parents group called Friends of Abbeywood Community School who look at ways to support the students and the school.

What happens if my child is bullied?

Our tutor group system ensures that students have access to personalised support and guidance.

We treat all incidents of bullying very seriously. We regularly talk to the students and offer advice about the correct way to deal with the problem. We offer information and have a range of initiatives in place to deal with incidents quickly and seriously.

What is done to raise the achievement of students in school and how do I know how well my child is doing?

We carefully track all of our students, supporting, assessing and informing parents 3 times a year. In addition we have a great support team who are able to encourage and develop children with more specific learning needs.

More able students are identified for the Gifted & Talented programme. The aim is have an enrichment opportunity for each year group 7 to 11, with opportunities to involve Years 12 & 13.

What languages can my child study whilst at Abbeywood Community School?

We study French. In addition to this any student who shows an aptitude for any additional languages may have an opportunity to gain other qualifications.

I live very near to school. Why can’t my child come home at lunchtime?

We realise that learning for all of our students was much less disrupted by students from returning home late or just being out in the community during the school day.

What happens if my child loses their personal student card?

They should report the loss to their tutor or the school office. Replacement cards will be issued at a cost of £4.00. Any credit on the lost card will be transferred to the new one.