Information for Parents and Students
Apprenticeships & T Levels
- Using the Apprenticeships search tool on Unifrog
- Apprenticeships - Hints and Tips for parents and carers - click here
- Apprenticeships - Higher Degree listing - February 2023
- I'm interested in Apprenticeships.... What now?
Careers Learning Plans
Click on the link here for more information
Employer Engagement and Partners
Information to follow shortly
FE/Training Provider Access
Abbeywood Community School believes in giving further education, higher education and other training providers every opportunity to come in to school and talk to our pupils about all of the options available to them. Please click here for the link to our ‘Provider Access Policy'.
Work Experience (WEX)
- For students: a guide to placements / work experience : Unifrog Placement Guides - Students: how to find it and how to be successful on it
- How to... use the Placements tool : Unifrog Placement Guides - Here's how our Placements tool works, including an introductory animation and a walkthrough video.
- Filling Out Your Student Initial Form (loom.com) - a walkthrough Loom video for this process, as well as the attached Powerpoint guide.
- Unifrog Placements tool: FAQs : Unifrog Placement Guides- Your most frequently asked questions answered
- Guides - Placement - Unifrog– For parents: Everything they need to support their child to have an awesome placement
- Example Employer List
- CV's & covering letters
- How to contact Employers
- Researching possible placements
- Letter to Year 10 Parents/Carers & Students - December 2023
- Work Experience Launch presentation - December 2023
- Our teaching resources for CVs, resumes and cover letters
- Student video about using the CV tool on Unifrog
- Further resources encouraging students to think about which careers appeal/boosting employability
- Big 10 activities (can use Big 10 as search term in Resource Library) - quick tasks for students to do in 10/15 minutes - Careers Library Know-How library
- Personality Quiz video to show students