How to Apply & Entry Requirements
Please click on the link here for the Minimum Entry Criteria.
The Application Process
STAGE ONE - October to December
- Read the Concorde Post 16 Prospectus
- Attend the Concorde Partnership Subject Open Evening on Thursday 9 November 2017 (7:00pm – 9:00pm) at Edge Bristol, BS32 4TF
- Attend the Open Evening on Thursday 7 December 2017 (6:30pm – 8:00pm)
- Choose courses you want to study at Post 16
- External applicants should complete the Application Form and return it to Post 16 Reception as soon as possible or email to Gemma.Shafto@abbeywoodschool.com (before 5th January 2018).
STAGE TWO – January to May
- All Year 11 Students and external candidates will have an interview with a member of the Post 16 Team to discuss their chosen subjects and check if their timetable will fit. Parents are invited to accompany students.
- A letter will be sent home to parents in March/April with details of provisional courses chosen by students.
STAGE THREE – June to August
- Students should focus on working hard towards achieving the best grades possible
- Students will be invited in for a Taster Day in July where they will be set Bridging Work to support them with the transition from Year 11 to 12
- On Results Day, members of the Post 16 team will be available in the unlikely event that students don’t quite get the grades they need for certain courses
It is essential that on Results Day external students come to the ACS Post 16 Centre with a copy of their results.
If you have any questions or want more information, please don’t hesitate in getting in touch with Mrs Shafto Gemma.Shafto@abbeywoodschool.com